The amount of funds not exceeding the PLN equivalent of EUR 100,000 is guaranteed in its entirety.
The rules for calculating the guaranteed amount
- The guaranteed amount is determined as per the balance of the depositor funds as of the day of meeting the guarantee condition to the bank or savings and credit union (inclusive of the interest accrued to beginning of that date).
- The guaranteed amount is calculated from the total funds deposited in all the accounts (eg. fixed-term deposits, current accounts, savings and clearing accounts) of one person and its claims to the bank or savings and credit union.
- In the event of a joint account each of the co-owners is entitled to a separate amount of the guarantee.
- In the event of an investment firm account which holds the deposited funds entrusted to the firm by its clients, each of the clients is entitled to a separate amount of the guarantee.
In special cases, for a limited period, the depositor being a natural person is entitled to guarantee coverage in the amount over and above the PLN equivalent of EUR 100,000. The payment of insured guaranteed funds exceeding the limit of the PLN equivalent of EUR 100,000 follows at the depositor request.
The depositor funds derived from the following sources are covered by the guarantee up to the difference between the PLN equivalent of EUR 200,000 and the sum of the remaining depositor funds (albeit not more than the equivalent of PLN 100,000), within 3 months from the date of funds being credited in the account:
- disposal for consideration (unless it was held in the course of business) of the real estate built-up with a residential single-family building within the meaning of the Act – Construction Law, a part of it or interest in the said property, perpetual usufruct of land built-up with a residential single-family building within the meaning of the Act – Construction Law or a share in the said title, separate residential premises within the meaning of the Act on the Ownership of Premises constituting a separate property or an interest in the said premises, land or interest in the land or perpetual usufruct of land or a share in the said title relating to the said premises, cooperative ownership title to the premises of residential purpose or interest in the said title,
- performance for the depositor of the contractual or judicial distribution of property following the termination of the matrimonial property system,
- acquisition of inheritance by the depositor, execution of a record on its behalf or acquisition of legitim,
- payment of the sum insured under life insurance agreement further to the demise of the insured person or attainment of the designated age by that person,
- payment of the sum insured under the personal accident insurance agreement against accidents due to injury, health disorder or demise of the insured person as a result of an accident,
- payment of severance pay under the terms and in the amounts specified in separate provisions,
- payment of retirement or disability pension referred to in Article 92 (1) § 1 of the Act – Labour Code or other regulations on the conditions and amounts specified in these regulations.
The natural person depositor funds or claims derived from the following sources are covered by the guarantee in entirety within 3 months from the date of funds being credited in the account:
- payment of compensation for damage caused by a crime or compensation for damage suffered, compensation or reparation, as referred to in Article 552 of the Act – Code of Criminal Procedure.